I created Gitalytics - A simple overview of Github activities
A simple overview of your github activities https://gitalytics.shhdharmen.me
Table of Contents
What is this?
I built an app called Gitalytics, which will show summarized GitHub Activities.
I got inspired from Spotify Year in Review feature and thought that developers should also see their GitHub Year in Review, a.k.a #2020Coded.
What does it show?
As of now, Gitalytics can get and show following details of 2020 fetched from GitHub:
- Star count (from 1st 100 CreatedRepositoryContribution)
- Fork count (from 1st 100 CreatedRepositoryContribution)
- Closed Issues (from 1st 100 CreatedIssueContribution)
- Pull Requests
- Merged Pull Requests (from 1st 100 CreatedPullRequestContribution)
- Closed Pull Requests (from 1st 100 CreatedPullRequestContribution)
- Pull Request Reviews
- Comments and Reactions on Pull Request Reviews (from 1st 100 CreatedPullRequestReviewContribution)
How does it look?
Home Page (Light theme):
Home Page (Dark theme):
#2020Coded Page (Light theme):
#2020Coded Page (Dark theme):
About Page (Light theme):
About Page (Dark theme):
Share Repository Dialog (Light theme):
Share Pull Requests Dialog (Dark theme):
User info popover:
You can export each data as PNG. And you can also share stats on twitter. I will look like below:
I have also created a bot on twitter @gitalytics_app. It's job is to retweet #2020Coded.
I created an NX workspace with angular-nest preset. There are 3 apps in this workspace:
- API (NestJS)
- Client (Angular)
- Twitter Bot (NodeJS)
Few things about codebase:
- I have used GitHub GraphQL APIs to fetch the data
- To fetch the data, I have created a simple NestJS app, which forwards requests
- CORS is enabled
- GraphQL Code Generator is used to generate typescript and services in Angular
- I followed Custom Theme For Angular Material Components series to create themes app
Workspace is available on GitHub:
I created this app as a part of DigitalOcean App Platform Hackathon on DEV. This is my first full-stack web app. I am planning to make more such apps in future.
Thanks for reading.
🌲 🌞 😊